Imagine: a delicious 4-ounce Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon, cooked to perfection on the grill and topped off with a homemade gravy that is out of this world. This simple recipe lets you make your own gravy from scratch, with a sweet BBQ sauce twist that will leave your mouth watering! You might even want to put it on top of your vegetables…!
- 1 cup rum
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In a bowl, combine the rum, root beer, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and nutmeg. Stir until everything is well incorporated into a uniform liquid.
- Add the butter to a pot and heat until it is melted and it begins to bubble, then add the flour and mix until it is well incorporated to form a roux. Cook it for up to 5 minutes to get rid of the raw flour taste.
- Slowly whisk in your liquid mixture, incorporating it and the roux together, and heat while stirring until it thickens to a gravy-like consistency.